Who is Vlogger?
A vlogger is a person who creates and posts videos, typically on a regular basis, on the video-sharing platform YouTube, or other platforms such as TikTok, Vimeo, etc.
They often record themselves speaking to the camera about a particular topic or sharing their daily life, and also can include a variety of other types of videos such as product reviews, tutorials, travel vlogs, and much more.
Some vloggers have become very popular and have large followings, and have even turned their vlogging into a full-time career.
Required Equipment For Vloggers?
Here is a list of some of the equipment that vloggers may use to create their videos:
- Camera: A high-quality camera is essential for producing professional-looking videos. Many vloggers use DSLR or mirrorless cameras, while others use point-and-shoot cameras or even smartphones.
- Tripod: A tripod is used to keep the camera steady while filming.
- External Microphone: An external microphone can help to improve the audio quality of your videos.
- Lighting: Good lighting is essential for creating professional-looking videos. Vloggers may use natural light or artificial light sources such as LED lights or ring lights.
- Video Editing Software: A video editing software is used to edit and post-produce videos, such as Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro or iMovie.
- Video Stabilizer: A video stabilizer can help to keep videos stable during filming, especially when moving around.
- Green Screen: A green screen can be used to add backgrounds or special effects to videos.
- Laptop or computer: Vloggers need a computer or laptop to edit their videos, upload them to the internet and also to check the analytics of their videos.
This is not an exhaustive list and depending on the type of vlogs, vloggers may require different equipment or tools.
Required Software for Video Editing in 2023
- Adobe Premiere Pro – a professional video editing software that is widely used by vloggers to create high-quality videos.
- Final Cut Pro – another professional video editing software, specifically designed for Mac users.
- Canva – a graphic design tool that can be used to create thumbnails and other visual elements for your videos.
- TubeBuddy – a browser extension that provides vloggers with a range of tools for optimizing their videos for YouTube, including keyword research and video optimization.
- Hootsuite – a social media management tool that can be used to schedule and publish videos on YouTube, as well as other platforms.
- YouTube Analytics – a built-in tool that provides vloggers with detailed information about their channel’s performance, including views, engagement, and demographics.
- Vimeo – a video hosting platform, other than YouTube, which can be used to host and share videos, and also provide some tools for vloggers to improve their videos.
- Rode VideoMic Pro+ – a high-quality external microphone that can be used to improve the audio quality of your videos.